Introducing Mate Gauge 3
Uncompromised performance at a reduced price
Take automatic in-line thickness measurements for
*plus shipping and optional on-site installation
Mate Gauge 3 Improvements on Mate Gauge 2
A More Integrated Design
The Mate Gauge 3 comes with everything you need right out of the box. It's more integrated than MG2 and fully enclosed to protect valuable components from exposure to contaminants. Mate Gauge 3 also includes a convenient maintenance access port and all necessary external cabling..
Easily Connects to Remote I/O
Use remote I/O control to operate the Mate Gauge 3 and connect it to stack lights and alarm systems that alert operators when the process is out of spec. The Mate Gauge 3 becomes an integral part of your production line.
A More Compact C Frame
Mate Gauge 3 its onto almost any pasting line, even in tight spaces. It's a compact solution that makes it easy to install onto existing plate conveyors or in the loop of a continuous strip pasting line.
Improved Cloud Intelligence
Connect your Mate Gauge 3 to the cloud to track thickness readings from your office or mobile device. Use your data to monitor performance and analyze historical trends to make meaningful process improvements over time.
Non-Contact Laser Thickness Measurements for:
Pasting Lines • Cast Lead Strip • Rolled Lead Strip
The Value of Non-Contact Thickness Measurements
Improved thickness control gives you the power to achieve better acid-to-paste volume matching and optimal cell compression. This is especially important for AGM batteries, which have strict thickness tolerances.
But no matter what type of battery you're producing, you're going to see benefits:
Reduced scrap – control thickness early in the process and remove uneven plates
Improved plate quality – eliminate operator error and thickness variations
Enhanced safety – reduce exposure to harmful lead materials
Higher throughput & less downtime – produce fewer plates that cause jams downstream or don't fit into battery cases
Quality Performance You Can Always Count on
Measure the Entire Plate Profile
The gauge is mounted on a linear actuator so it can take side-to-side thickness readings, giving you a complete picture of your plate profile. This allows you to identify uneven plates before they cause a problem down the line. Say goodbye to leaning stacks.
Use 'Gauge and Go' setting for simple strip measurements
Use 'Scan Capture' mode for simultaneous strip traversal and thickness measurements
Add-ons to Ensure Your Lines Run When You Need Them
Every Mate Gauge 3 comes standard with:
Active cooling to ensure near-100% uptime
Temperature locking to prevent damage from unexpected temperature increases
Automatic referencing and calibration to keep the gauge measuring accurately
Self-cleaning and self-diagnostics for worry-free maintenance
Produces the Intel You Need for Process Improvements
Your Mate Gauge 3 comes with a touchscreen computer that continuously collects and displays information on maximum, minimum, and mean thickness. You can use the touchscreen to access a series of pre-programmed plate 'recipes' with nominal plate thickness, tolerances, and other product specifications for various types of plates. Measurements outside the acceptable range trigger an alarm.
All data is stored in the cloud and accessible via Co-efficient dashboards.
Fully Compatible With Our Automatic Paste Control System
With continuous thickness readings provided by the Mate Gauge 3, it's easy to add automatic closed-loop control to your lines by incorporatfng the Paste Saver. The two systems are fully compatible and communicate as a system to provide the ultimate paste application control.
Eliminate operator error and reduce scrap by 3-5%
Slash thickness variations between plates – prevent uneven plates and leaning stacks
Unlock Process Improvements
Tighter control allows you to design better batteries
Mate Gauge 3
- Non-contact Measurement
- Fullstrip profile displayed (Up to 4 strips)
- Closed loop thickness control module
- Active thermal control
- Reports max,min and mean thickness
- Touchscreen display
- Data logging capability
- Easily installed and maintained
- Remote support
- Pasting Lines.
- For Installation before or after flash dry.
- Measures continuous strip or individual
- Save Material and Improve Quality by improving thickness consistency
- Eliminate side outside thickness variations
- Reduce operator error
- Provides statistical feedback for enabling process Improvements
PASTING LINE SPECIFICATIONS
- Line Speed 100+ m / min [300+ ft / min]
- Plate Thickness (typical)0.5 mm to 6 mm[0.020 to 0.230 in]
- Plate Type Continuous Strip; Single Panel, Double Panel
- Pasting Machine Cloth Belt, Steel Belt, Drum, FOP
- Surface With or without pasting paper, flat or textured.
- Line Location Before or After Flash Dry
- Spray-Down Near Spray Down is acceptable. Not intended for frequent high pressure wash.
- Strip Width 14" to 30"
- Dust Rating: IP58
- Resolution 0.1 μm [0.00004 in]
- Accuracy (typical) 4 μm [0.00016 in]
- Stroke 41 cm [16 in]
- Scanning Speed 15 cm/sec [6 in/sec]
- Thickness Range 0 to 20 mm [0 to 0.8 in]
- Measurement Freq. 1 to 3 kHz
- Sensor Assembly 70 kg [154 lbs]
- Operator Panel 10kg [22 lbs]
- Supply Requirements 6A @ 110V/60 Hz 3A @ 240V/50 Hz
- Air 12 CFM @ 90 PSI
- Sensor Assembly 77 x 69 x 23 cm [30 x 27 x 9 in]
- Electrical Box 41 x 41 x 15 cm [16 x 16 x 6 in]
- Operator HMI Panel 51 x 51 x 15 cm [20 x 20 x 6 in]
- Operating Temperature 10°C to 60°C [50°F to 140°F]
- Humidity < 90%